Incorporating Online Learning Practices in Face-To-Face Instruction
Looking to enhance student learning outcome?
Before the pandemic, blended learning in the classroom was limited due to the lack of teaching experience with online instructional strategies and one-to-one access to computers/tablets for students. With schools investing in equipment, students now have access to a digital device for online and blended learning.
Over the past two years, teachers have gained experience in virtual/online teaching and while most schools have returned to in-person learning, it is important to incorporate online learning practices like Learning Management System (LMS) and video lessons to enhance student learning experience.
Here’s how LMS/Online Learning Platform helps in improving student academic success
- Teachers can keep instructional plans on the LMS/online learning platform to enable students and their parents to access the lesson agendas, scheduled sessions, work submissions, and resources in one virtual space. It allows them to view the information about lessons/assignments anytime and craft specific questions which they want to ask the teacher.
- Based on the topic/lesson, teachers can create videos and organize videos made by them, student-created videos, and other relevant videos into digital playlists and add them to the LMS/ online learning platform for immediate use.
- In the physical classroom/face-to-face instruction, students can first access the built-in online resources/support materials like glossaries, video, audio, and text-based explanations of concepts, skills, and knowledge before asking help from their teacher to complete their assignments/projects. This saves teachers’ time and allows them to diagnose and support different learner needs.
- With online resources and tools, students get three-dimensional learning experiences. It allows them to work individually or in groups with as much spacing apart as desired.
- Breakout rooms give students a space to work in small groups to practise and hone their collaboration and communication skills that are essential for future career opportunities. Teachers can use breakout rooms to facilitate conversations with professionals in related content fields of expertise. They can ask students to create recordings that demonstrate their understanding of concepts and skills.
- LMS/online learning platform eliminate the risk of students losing their assignments; they can re-download the required materials on any digital device and complete their assignments. It also addresses student absenteeism by keeping all assignments, recorded instruction, and support materials available for students to access anywhere and anytime.
ICT 360 in alignment with NEP, provides ICT curriculum with ready-to-use content, design and computational thinking approach to projects as well as interdisciplinary learning material on an online platform that caters to today’s relevant technologies and future skills requirements. It is designed to help teachers improve their instructional practices with 21st century teaching skills through train-the-teacher program, build a strong foundation to empower students with the ability and skills to design & create amazing things on their own in a fun & engaging environment, excel in academics and prepare them to be industry- and career-ready.
With 50+ partner schools across India, it aims to empower students with creativity, problem-solving and tech skills from an early age. Tech skills are essential for future job roles like AI & ML Specialists, Software & Applications Developers, Graphic Designers, Animators, Robotics Engineers, Data Analysts, and IOT Specialists.
Powered by Froala Editor